Google navigation system is one of the most accessible, easy to use and efficient, so no wonder that people all over the world use it every day no matter what they are trying to find: a way to a nearest coffee shop in unfamiliar city or a touristic route somewhere in Yellowstone – Google will lend a helping hand. With constant improvements usage of Google Maps becomes more and more convenient, though not many people take an advantage of voice navigation – however, it can be really convenient especially in case if you have your hands full.
There are many useful voice features and not using them you are losing a huge amount of possibilities Google Maps propose.
Here are some voice commands and tips that not many people know about, but these little shortcuts will simplify your usage of the navigation system.
- Ok Google, next step – this hands free voice navigation command will prompt you in what direction to turn next and what is the distance to that turn. This option is essential when you are riding a bike and have no possibility to check the screen of the smartphone in order to check the further direction. Also it is possible to use Ok Google, what’s my next turn word combination for the same action.
- OK Google, mute – turns off spoken directions – there is no need to bury deep in the settings of the app to switch it off. The voice command Ok Google, unmute acts vice versa.
- Ok Google, when will I get there – the system checks the probable time of arrival and notifies you about it.
- Ok Google, exit navigation – this command stops all direction prompts. When you need it again, say Ok Google, resume navigation.
- Ok Google, show route overview – navigator will show you all roads and turns you will have to make in one set. in case if you do not like it, or there is a traffic jam on your way, say Ok Google, Show alternate routes
- Ok Google, find gas stations – the tool will show you the nearest gas station, if your gas tank is empty.
- My events or my flights will open a list of your planned future trips