Almost all Android smartphones and tablets nowadays have pre-installed Google Maps. However, a few owners of smartphones know that it is possible to transform Google Maps into a fully features navigator.
As you know, Google Maps is a free app and iPhone owners can also install it from the AppStore. Unfortunately for Windows Phone users there is no possibility to use it so they will have to search for other options.
Google Navigation is an integral part of Google maps so you don’t have to download additional apps or tools. Despite the fact that Navigation is a beta version of the app, there is no need to worry, as the app works without delays and very effectively. With its help you will get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation so you will never get lost in a city or whole driving.
Effective operation of the app requires GPS/Location in on mode and an active data connection.
To work with Google Navigation you have to follow these steps:
- Open Google Maps and find the white box at the top of the screen.
- Type the destination there or search for it in the drop-down menu.
- Find the car icon at the bottom of the screen and tap it.
- In the opened navigation options you will see the approximate time for travelling.
- Edit the details, if necessary, select start and end points, the route and method of travelling.
- Tap Start Navigation
- An arrow will appear on the map, pointing your position
- The Caution window will appear with warning that the app is in Beta version and some inaccuracy of data may appear.
- Make sure that your GPS settings are set to high accuracy, otherwise you can miss the turn.
- The Navigation can show you the incident reports and makes dynamic rerouting.